Job Position: Customer Service Representative
We are Farmers: We are more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Work Hours/Start Date:
- Start Date: Monday, August 8th, 2022
- Tentative Training Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm Mountain time/9:00am – 5:30pm Central time
- Tentative Shift Schedule: 10:30pm – 7:00pm Mountain and Central time
- Days: Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays
- Note: shift days/times are subject to change based on business needs.
Location This position will be remote/virtual. Candidates must live within the state of South Dakota and have access to stable internet and a quiet workspace.
Job Summary: This is a licensed role and obtaining/maintaining a Property & Casualty (P&C) License is part of the training and a requirement for the role. This role also requires communication with internal and external customers about intermediate underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts. Utilizes competencies and skills to provide a positive customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, clarify and resolve intermediate policy and account related questions from internal and external customers.
- Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums.
- Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives.
- Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance / industry related courses / seminars as deemed necessary to expand product / system knowledge.
- Stays current with relevant product(s).
- Understands and strives to support organization’s overall strategy.
- Models Farmers core values:
1.Value the diversity and potential of every individual
2.Exceed our customers’ expectations
3.Stand up for what is right
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business Results: Meets individual performance, metrics and goals.
- Innovation: Identifies and suggests innovative process changes to support business practices.
- Communication: Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Job Knowledge: Intermediate billing, underwriting guidelines and policy processing.
- Team Work: Accepts feedback when offered to reach full potential and works well with others in addition to incorporating best practices from others.
Physical Actions: Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking, reaching, pushing and pulling, and speaking, reading, and writing.
Physical Environment: This role, whether performed virtually or in an office setting, operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
- Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance.
- Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Special Skill Requirement:
- Critical Thinking
- Advanced conflict resolution skills
- Consistently meeting or exceeding performance measurement goals
- Pay ranges between $16.70-$19.50 an hour and is determined based on geographic location and call center/insurance experience.
Last Date To Apply: Apply As Soon As Possible
Apply Here: Click Here