Tokio Marine Hcc Careers – Claims Assistant. If you find this requirement suitable, Apply online from given below link. Keep visiting our website for latest Jobs In United States.
Company Name: Tokio Marine Hcc
Job Position: Claims Assistant
Job Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
- The Tokio Marine HCC – Public Risk Group, is seeking a Claims Assistant to join our Claims Operations team in our growing Claims Department. Public Risk Group provides multiple lines of property and casualty insurance to public entities and water districts in multiple states.
- The ideal candidate will have their high school diploma and a minimum of two years of relevant and progressive experience handling operational tasks and responsibilities for a claims department and supporting claims adjusters, claims attorneys and managers in the execution of their roles and responsibilities. Experience receiving information such as claims information from internal and external sources and processing that information into financial and file management systems such as our claims management system is required. Similarly, experience generating information from financial and file management systems and communicating that information to internal and external sources is required. Candidates with this type of experience or skill set – even if applied in a different field of business – are welcome to apply.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. Organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple different tasks over the course of a day will be required to successfully perform in this role. Analytical skills and an ability to investigate answers to questions will likewise be required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is necessary. Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint is a plus.
- Perform initial and ongoing claims processing including setting up claims files, performing data entry, scanning documents, and preparing loss runs.
- Set up and maintain a diary of follow-up and deadline dates.
- Set up and maintain a registry of claim checks to be distributed.
- Review claim documents and prepare a basic summary detailing claim specifics.
- Respond to and contact claimants, insured, and other related parties to obtain and relay basic information concerning the claim process.
- Draft, prepare, and process various types of correspondence including acknowledgement of new claims, coverage position letters, indemnity/expense checks, etc.
- Perform incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Provide ad hoc information as requested to support current work and special projects.
- Assist other claims personnel as needed during the claims process including setting up claim files or other associated tasks.
- Perform general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, filing, data entry, indexing, scanning documents, answering phones, and operating departmental office equipment.
- Review invoices submitted by vendors for accuracy.
- Issue payment for invoices as per directions of claims adjusters.
- Mail out certified letters
- Run ad-hoc reports
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Up to two years of relevant general operational experience
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- May be required to move up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to operate a computer and other devices
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus, such as required to read a computer screen
- Not Mentioned